Posted by Lorin May | Posted in Chorus, Contests & Judging, Harmonizer, Just for Fun, Uncategorized | Posted on September 6, 2011, 7:52 AM
Just like last year, you can get your name and work in the convention issue of The Harmonizer by writing the winning caption for the above photo.
We’ll be adding one new caption contest post EVERY BUSINESS DAY for the next little while. Each of these photos will appear in the Sept/Oct 2011 issue. Contest closes when I’m good and ready to wrap up this issue.
A bit of background on this picture of Sound of the Rockies: The chapter claimed that arrangers David Wright and Aaron Dale never return their calls, so they needed to figure out how to put together a gold medal-winning package on their own. They attempted the trademark routines of several past championship choruses, with less than stellar results.
Top that. (PLEASE!)
Here are the caption contest rules:
- This is NOT necessarily a humor contest, although true wit will be rewarded. A caption that’s lighter on wit but heavier on insight or cool facts can also be the winner. (And not every photo will be funny.)
- Clever one-liners are great, but captions can be longer. Maximum length is three sentences.
- You must use the name of the group as part of your caption — it has to serve as a stand-alone photo description for readers of The Harmonizer.
- You can submit more than one caption per photo.
- Some photos may have more than one winner. Some may have none.
- Most of the groups talked about in the convention won’t be in this caption contest.
- Include your full name and city, state/province with your submission. That’s what will be printed in the magazine.
- This is a group brainstorming session, so please submit your ideas in the comments area — please don’t email them to me directly.
Have at it!Buy Prednisolone online